THE GIRL WHO DRANK THE MOON

 

 

THE GIRL WHO DRANK THE MOON

 

                                                               

 The book I'm about to review is called '' THE GIRL WHO DRANK THE MOON '' written by Kelly Barnhill. The book tells how Luna, after being raised by a witch named Xan, must figure out how to handle the magical powers she was accidentally given. She must control her powers before it's too late. It was published on 9 august 2016. It won the 2017 Newbery medal.

 

 I have never read books about family, love, sorrow, and judging others without knowing them so this book goes to my favorite booklist.

 

 

·         Who was my favorite character, and why?

      My favorite character in this book was the witch named Xan. She was the first character I have ever heard or read about who has the kindest heart, love, and care for other people, especially small children, and animals. One of her kindest acts was how she found a new family for the abandoned children so that they won't be lonely. I'm not telling anymore or the whole book will be spoiled.

 

·         Did the characters feel real to me?

     While reading the book I imagined the characters as real people living on earth. Everything felt so real to me that I even wanted to draw them down in my diary unfortunately, I'm not good at drawing but just imagining.

 

·         Did the story keep me guessing? 

     Yes, I kept on guessing what would happen next at most of the chapters.

 

·         What was my favorite part of the book, and why?

      My favorite part of the book was the chat between Luna and Xan, while Luna was just a baby speaking gibberish.              

 

·         Were certain types of scenes written particularly well?

      Scenes such as mystery scenes were written flawlessly. The writer has done a very good job, she made me go through many emotions during those scenes.

 

·         Did the book make you laugh or cry?

     The book made me laugh out loud at the same time it made me cry. I'm happy that the book has happy scenes to cover up all those sad ones.

 

·         Did the story engage you and keep you turning the pages?

    The story of the book was quite attractive in that it kept me turning pages making me forget   how long I have been reading. 

 

If you ask me what I disliked about this book, I would say that the ending was not quite satisfactory. I predicted something more emotional, but the real one still had a very good meaning.

 

This book would be perfect for readers who are fans of fantasy, mystery, humor, and love. This book's theme is mostly about the importance of a family and our loved ones. This book would be perfect for kids in grades 5-9. People of any age or grade would find this an interesting, wholesome, and heart-warming story.  

 

If I had to give this book a rating out of 10, I would probably give it 9.5 out of 10. I would also like to tell the readers that this book is available in all online shops. If you like to read an e-book, I highly recommend you to download this book from the website '' zlibrary '' just like I did. I hope this review was helpful for my fellow bookworms. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Thank you


                                                                           By: Akshitha. A. Nair

                                                                           Class: 8 A 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Talk to Anyone